Dragaera

Straw Poll about "Reply-to" (was: Damiano's Lute)

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Nov 29 20:41:54 PST 2002

Mia McDavid <mia_mcdavid at attbi.com> writes:

> ddb wrote:
>
>  >This is bizarre; I don't understand how that can happen.  When I'm
> looking at a message sent to the list, the list name is present in the
> To: or cc: header.
>  >

> Ummm . . . in your msg list in your in-box?  Mine says that once I
> open it to see the headers, but what if it turns out to be something I
> didn't want to open?

Lists with significant traffic all get sorted into their own
directories first, so I know I'm opening list email.  And since I'm
opening it in gnus on the linux box, I know it won't trap me into some
web site, or tell them my address is valid, or infect my system with
anything.  I wouldn't use an email system that dangerous.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net