Dragaera

The Religion Debate

Sat Nov 30 05:11:23 PST 2002

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> "Gametech" <voltronalpha at hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Damien Sullivan wrote:

>>> I call that 'trust', not 'faith'.
>>>
>>> -xx- Damien X-)
>>
>>       faith
>>
>>       1.Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a
>> person, idea, or thing.
>>       2.Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material
>> evidence. See Synonyms at belief See Synonyms at trust.
>>       3.Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with
>> one's supporters.
>>       4.often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as
>> secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
>>       5.The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
>>       6.A set of principles or beliefs.
>>
>>       read deffiniton # one, trust and faith are fairly synomonous
>> and you are rightly so to call what I call faith trust, but I'm
>> rightly so to call it that myself.
>
> But we are in fact discussing meaning #4.

What do you mean *we* if *we* don't agree on the deffinition we are using we
are in fact not discussing anything. You are discussing #4 and I am not,
Christianity is not the only religion, It's pretty irritating when you use
the word faith and someone else hears 'Christianity of belief in god' when
you explictly suggest you mean trust.

What the fuck does me having faith in a ebay seller have to do with god?
NOTHING!!!!

Deffinition #4, my ass; YOU ARE smarter than that, yep you've baited me, I
bite, good show, nice dodge, way to expunge the possibility of learning for
either of us.