Dragaera

The Great Debate....to DDB

definitely what rone at ennui.org
Sat Nov 30 23:36:12 PST 2002

Scott Ingram writes:
  > Hmm, i agree that religion shouldn't get a free ticket compared to the
  > others, but i don't agree that any other group, philosophy or
  > construct is held to be inherently free of blame for its actions.
  > Actions are committed by people, not ideologies.
  If it's not accountable for the misery commited in it's name, then it can't
  take credit for the good things commited in it's name.

I wholly agree.

  Well, in that case I'm not certain of what use this thread is. Some of the
  Christians in this thread can't even decide if the first half of their bible
  should be considered in discussion, and although Islam isn't strongly
  represented in this thread, from posts I've read, apparently the Islamic
  mainstream both condemns and encourages terrorism committed in the name of
  Islam.

That seems to jibe with my impressions as well.  Except all this
thinking has given me a headache.

  P.S. In my experience, lapsed Catholic girls *rock* in bed. It's hell
  talking them out of their virginity though.

In my experience, the problem is that once you DO talk them out of it,
you're in very big trouble.

rone
--
New from the makers of Li'l Swimmers:  Li'l Eaters.  Edible underwear
that looks just like Mommy's and Daddy's!		- Kibo