Dragaera

Agnostic definition... or not.

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 2 09:06:39 PST 2002

> While I agree with the sentiment that God has a lot of hard
> questions to answer, taking responsibility for his creations is
> not on the same level.  Are you responsible for the actions of
> your children once they reach adulthood and attain free will?

(Sorry for the delay in responding.  I haven't been
near my email in a few days...:)

Are you saying that children have no free will until
they reach adulthood?  I'd have to disagree with that.

Also, I think absolute creation is different than procreation.
I also think that, if God (of the Christian persuasion) makes
everything happen for a reason, and has control over everything
in the universe, then yes, he is responsible.  I do not have
absolute control over my child's destiny.  I cannot say "You will
hit your head on the sofa today".  God (according to some) can.

Which brings up the whole free-will compared to predeterminism theory,
and how the two (in my mind) are not compatable.  One cannot have
them both (if it's predetermined, how can you have a choice?).

Moving right along to the next argument...<grin>

Chris

"Life is the nightmare that leaves its mark upon you
in order to prove that it is, in fact, real."
	-Thomas Ligotti- 'The Sect of the Idiot'