Dragaera

Paths of the Dead

Dennis Higbee den at monger.net
Thu Dec 5 09:19:40 PST 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Joshua Kronengold wrote:

> Matt Jennings writes:
> >Picked up a copy Tuesday from the B. Dalton at Union Station D.C., and
> >finished it last night.  Obligitory spoiler space follows...

Got mine on Tuesday at Pandemonium in Harvard Square.

> Mind, given the source, the rarity of Lavodes in Vlad's time (though
> Sethra the Younger is a Lavode too, isn't she?  I -think- the
> indications we've been given indicate that Sethra the Younger is the
> equivalent of "Sethra Lavode, jr"), I don't think she's going to
> survive Vicomte de Adralanka.

If Sethra the Younger was ever a Lavode, I doubt she is after _Yendi._
I have my doubts about whether she was ever a Lavode.  Based on what
Paarfi said, StY is studying to take Sethra's place as Enchantress, but
it is unclear to me that the Enchantress and the head of the Lavodes are
always the same person and, even if they are, that doesn't mean that StY
necessarily served as a Lavode even though she might one day lead them.

-Dennis