Dragaera

POTD, questions...

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Thu Dec 5 13:15:27 PST 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Jot Powers wrote:

>The theory I posted on my web page was:
>
>We also found out that the god's decide who comes back as undead,
>because they still have work to do. I found this to be really
>interesting, as Loraan came back as an undead. I suspect because
>Vlad's knives were getting dull. It could be that Vlad is the god's
>equivalent of soap operas, and they wanted to make sure that they
>would get good ratings during 'Sweeps Week'.

In our world, television "sweeps" last an entire month, not just a
week.  Since the gods are even longer-lived than Dragaerans, it would
probably be something like "Sweeps Century".  Conincidentally enough,
an Easterner lifespan is about a century.

Hmmmm.

Vlad the Ratings-Booster?  He's even got a cute little jhereg to
please the animal lovers.

Paarfi would perhaps be the equivalent of PBS.  :-)