Dragaera

Authors and their produce

Fri Dec 6 22:33:33 PST 2002

"Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student)" <RuhlenR at missouri.edu> wrote:

> . . . . I can write scientific papers which is nearly the
>same thing. (Nearly, in the sense that Paarfi uses it.) Speaking of
>which, I wondered if the publication of a book is similar to the
>publication of a scientific paper. It all begins with the experiment.
>After much labor . . .

This process is entirely the opposite of most of the scientific papers
I have written.  The general process has been:

    Co-worker, standing by admiringly as the last shovelful of shit is
    removed from the problem: "Nice hack."

    Me: "Fucking pain in the ass, too."

    He: "Betcha could get a paper out of it."

Steve