Dragaera

POTD, questions...

Sat Dec 7 12:27:52 PST 2002

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:42:21AM -0500, Jag wrote:

> I think there's more to it than that.  After rereading Taltos over
> Thanksgiving, I picked up on a few things.  He was intentionally picked
> to go to the Paths to help revive Aliera.  Morever, we see evidence that
> he was intentionally picked by both Sethra AND Verra (that nice vial of
> blood).

It took me a minute to realize that you meant 'He' == 'Vlad', not
Loraan.  Most of my comment was about Loraan.

> Now, the interesting thing is, if we assume the Gods let Loraan become
> undead so that Vlad would have a way to get Spellbreaker, then we have
> the Jenoine giving him one of the other parts of Godslayer.  In this
> case, the new kickass, can kill a God, Vlad, is really and truly a very
> loose canon.

Vlad got Spellbreaker the first time he met Loraan, who was not
undead.  In the process of getting Spellbreaker, Loraan became dead,
and the later, Undead.  That is the part I was questioning, why
did the gods let Loraan back, and I contend it was for their amusement.

-Jot
--
Jot Powers 	<books at bofh.com> 		http://www.bofh.com/books/
"I'm upping my standards, so up yours!"