Dragaera

Paths of the Dead SPOILER

Sat Dec 7 22:27:22 PST 2002

Me 3. :)

> Checking Taltos, I note that Morrolan says Loudin died in the
> Disaster and that Sethra looks smug when he asks about Zerika's birth.
>
> Could be this "Loudin died of plague" story is a myth.  Note
> Sethra in this book doesn't claim any personal responsibility
> for the Orb arriving in the Paths.  So Paarfi's writing as if
> she sent the Orb to the Paths, but then didn't tell anyone
> that she'd done it.

It occurs to me that the whole thing about "all the Phoenixes are gone
except Zerika" may be a completely manufactured thing.  We've already
seen that Zerika was "hidden" for a time until she was ready.  It's
possible that (I'd assume Sethra Lavode is responsible) other Phoenix
are hidden away until they are needed, to prevent them from being
targets by the Jenoine and others.  While I'm not completely comfortable
with idea, It's possible something that important Sethra would even keep
secret from Zerika, Aliera, Morrolan...etc.

Pure speculation w/o any basis, of course.