Dragaera

Thanks and typos [SPOILER]

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Sun Dec 8 16:20:03 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/8/2002 1:27:57 PM Eastern Standard
Time, Mark A Mandel <mam at theworld.com> writes:

> An open letter to Steven K.Z. Brust, P.J.F.

> The first of these errors to strike my eye, alas, was on
> the Acknowledgments page itself, in the URL of my own
> _Cracks and Shards_ site.

I'm kinda surprised I didn't notice that myself.

> Whether by spellchucking, or misreading of handwriting, or
> careless assumptions about the nature of URLs, or some
> other form of error, the crucial component "mam" -- my
> initials, and my login ID -- has been warped into the word
> "main", producing a pointer to a nonexistent Web location.

This is also exactly the sort of error produced by OCR
software.

> I am now considering whether to invest the monthly fee that
> my ISP would require in order to create such a URL as a
> redirection to the correct one.

Wouldn't it only require creating a new user account named
"main"?  Of course, I suppose they may charge full price for
that, even though you wouldn't require any diskspace or other
resources.

> In the following list, each entry begins with a page
> number, followed by a paragraph number and usually a line
> number within the paragraph. The first paragraph on the
> page is numbered 1 even if it is a partial paragraph;

If it was up to me, I'd label partial paragraphs as zero.

> chapter headings and titles are not counted.

So typos aren't allowed in chapter headings?  :)

> A number preceded by a minus sign is to be counted from the
> bottom of the page or the paragraph. The error and
> correction are separated by "=>",

And one more:

360,-9,1
Ibronka  =>  Roanna