Dragaera

Artificial release dates and online publishing

Tue Dec 10 11:41:07 PST 2002

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> Fides <fides at kludgeco.com> writes:

> On the other hand, I don't think there are a lot of promising fiction
> authors who aren't getting published through traditional channels.
> Possibly for essayists and other non-fictional forms there are; but I
> doubt it (I just don't know that market very well).

I can tell you there are a lot of good fic writers (among the truely
aweful ones) out there but most of them are very happy how they are -
writing for fun and playing in other peoples sandboxes ;-)
Some of them do write totally original stuff but even then they tend to
be doing it for fun and not really to make money.

;-)

Fides