Dragaera

Artificial release dates and online publishing

Tue Dec 10 18:09:48 PST 2002

> Anyone can dupe a tape (audio or VCR).  You haven't noticed the
> movie industry starving, have you?

Thats becuase they made a product that's better - *DVD* - and I have for the
most part Really felt satisfied with the product to cost ratio for DVD's
I've been capable of burning DVD's for less than I can buy them for the last
year or so, What stops me is the product is so good I want it to stay that
way. I won't hesitate to create backup copies, and I won't hesitate to loan
my dvd's out knowing I've got a back up if it gets detroyed lost or stolen,
I don't care it it's legal because if I have a disk get destroyed you think
I'm gonna get a replacement for it for free? (or even cost of manufacture)
Ha not a chance! The idea that you purchase a lifetime right to view a
product conflicts with the idea that you bought a physical item, if the
physical item breaks you lose that right. Eventually the Mpaa faces the same
crisis the Riaa does and they know it, for now though they have a good
system, in 10 years when people have 100mbit connections to the net people
will be trading movies in full quality if the Mpaa doesn't offer that
delivery method first.