Dragaera

Artificial release dates and online publishing

Fri Dec 13 08:07:26 PST 2002

Lydia Nickerson wrote:
> At 03:43 AM 12/13/02 -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>

>> I was thinking a bit about children, and 25 is partly picked to take
>> *really good* care of them.  (And there's nothing to prevent an author
>> from saving and passing on a *cash* estate to his heirs, either.)
>

> I'd've thought a writer's income pretty much precluded saving up money.

Depends on the author and how well they do. There is the story of Terry
Pratchet loosing 25k (or some such amount) down the back of his sofa and
not noticing (the story is only mostly true. It was a check). I think
some writers probably managed to leave quite a nice windfall while
others (unfortunately) die pennyless.

Or sell all the film rights for 10k in the sixties ;-)

Fides