Dragaera

Tim O'Reilly on piracy, etc.

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 11:52:22 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/13/2002 12:29:37 AM Eastern Standard
Time, Matthew Hunter <matthew at infodancer.org> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:36:10PM -0500, Gaertk at aol.com
> wrote:
>> I personally found _Atlas Shrugged_ quite enjoyable,
>> though I should point out that I spent the time laughing
>> AT the characters and the author.  Also, the only reason I
>> was reading it was that at the time I was frequenting
>> rasfw.robert-jordan, and wanted to understand what
>> alt.shrugged was parodying.
>
> You read thousand-page novels to get the payoff for a 5-10
> page comedy skit?

Not often, but that time was worth it :)

At first I tried to cheat and started at the chapter titled
"Atlantis", and it took me several pages to realise that
"Dagny" wasn't a mild expletive; it was always used in
dialogue like "God, Dagny, when did you arrive?" or "Dagny!
I hadn't heard you were here!"

--KG