Dragaera

I just had a thought

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Dec 17 09:28:52 PST 2002

Mark A Mandel <mam at theworld.com> writes on 17 December 2002 at 10:34:24 -0500
 > 	[DDB]
 > #> #> "Dune"  (it's old, it's long, but it has Patrick Stewart, Sting, and a
 > #> #> host of excellent actors)
 > #> #
 > #> #I thought the movie was a total and utter abomination.
 >
 > 	[MAM]
 > #> Make that "Abomination", with a capital "A".
 >
 > 	[DDB]
 > #What the heck, let's go all the way: Total and Utter Abomination.
 >
 > Yeah. But I wasn't clear enough.
 > (SPOILERS for the Dune series follow)
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >
 > -
 > -
 > -
 > >

 > The Bene Gesserit apply the term "Abomination" to a person
 > possessed/controlled by the personality of an ancestor. When Alia was
 > possessed/controlled by her grandfather the Baron, she became
 > Abomination.

Ah, right.  I tend to repress the memory of anything after the first
book.

And by that definition, I'm not so sure it's the right word; the
personality of its ancestor (Frank Herbert) is sadly missing from the
movie.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net