Dragaera

Where did you begin?

Wed Dec 18 11:02:04 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 11:53, Matt Jennings wrote:
> Ahem... this is just something I've been curious about for a while, and since
> I have been reading the Vlad books (again) I figured I would ask.
>
> Which skzb book did you start with?

I started with Taltos.  A friend of mine had all the Dragaera books at the time
and said I really had to read them.  So when we were on a week long trip
that involved a lot of time in a plane and on trains, she brought them
with her.  I proceeded to read all the Vlad books in chronilogical order
(only up to Dragon was published at the time), then the Khaavren
Romances, then BP.  I later got To Reign in Hell, followed by "Sun, the
Moon, and the Stars", then Cowboy Feng, then Gypsy.  (And before either
Cowboy feng or gypsy, Issola came out and I read it), then of course
ending with PotD.  I have Freedom and Necessity, but haven't read it
yet.

Now, the friend who lent me her Dragaera books has an interesting story
of starting the series.. she wanted to borrow a book from a friend, but
all the books on this friends' bookshelf had boring covers, so she
picked up the one that happened to not have a cover.  It was Taltos.

And another friend of mine started just because she liked the cover art
in Phoenix.

Both of these people are now completely hooked on the series :)

Jag