Dragaera

Maps & Hair

Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student) RuhlenR at missouri.edu
Tue Dec 24 08:01:26 PST 2002

Not to belabor the hair color thing, but I just realized that in
_Phoenix Guards_, Paarfi refers to Illista's hair as golden. Not blonde.
Which shoots down our theory that the difference in word choice was due
to Paarfi's lack of distinction.

About maps. I'm not finding much to describe relative positions
(directions) between locations. For example, when Khaavren travels to
Dragaera City the first time, no mention is made of the direction he is
travelling. Redface & the Pepperfields are east of Dragaera City, and
Sandyhome is south of that. I always had the feeling he came in from the
west, in retrospect because he does not pass back through areas he's
familiar with. But he could just as easily have come from the south or
north. Vlad mostly hangs out in Adrilankha, but I thought I'd take a
look at _Phoenix_ next and see if there's any clues there. I've got the
feeling Adrilankha is on the west coast, can anyone confirm or correct
that?

The list has been quiet lately...everyone is watching _Two Towers_, I
suppose.

Rachel