Dragaera

The Plot is Discussed *spoilers for PotD*

Mon Dec 30 07:11:19 PST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 11:25, Michelle Goepp wrote:
> Subject:
> In Which the Plot of "The Viscount of Adrilankha",
> Much in the Manner of a Lady Who Has Dared to Sport a
> Bold New Style, Is Discussed (which discussion
> contains information that may spoil certain surprises
> to the reader unfamiliar with the volume "Paths of the
> Dead").
>
> It is not our intent to bore the assumed reader (for,
> in this mode of communication, by which we mean
> electronic mail, or 'email', we can only hope that the
> subject line which we have had the honor of appending
> to this missive has intrigued as least one recipient
> out of so large a distribution enough that he chooses
> to peruse these words, rather than discarding them
> unopened and unread) with trivialities, that is to say
> matters which he pretends need no more though; we
> instead hope to present a few words on a subject that
> is at once of interest to both the author and the
> reader.  Should the reader instead feel that
> discussion on the topic treated in the subject line of
> this missive can hold no intricacies for the agile
> mind to glory upon for several moments, he is invited
> to move on to other emails which have no doubt arrived
> in his inbox that, we have been assured, discourse at
> length on such meaningful topics as how the laws of a
> certain country may be modified so as to best suit
> both a mayfly and a tortoise, and which of a certain
> author's works most or least entertained the
> respondents' left eye (though, to be sure, we hope the
> two topics are addressed in separate messages for we
> are at a loss to discern who they may relate, one to
> the other).
>

> Enchantress was waiting for her to attain?  Yet why
> then would she involve the title character of the
> novel, who is Piro, the Viscount of Adrilankha, and
> who we are assured us a good deal younger than the
> Phoenix Heir?

I believe that Piro was Zerika's choice.  She grew up with him and
probablly missed him.  She also doubtless knew of Piro's parents, so
there is no doubt that Piro would be a good travelling companion, as
well as being someone that the remaining Pheonix already trusts.