Dragaera

The Plot is Discussed *spoilers for PotD*

Michelle Goepp jedijane at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 18:12:45 PST 2002

--- Jag <agrajag at dragaera.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 12:15, Gaertk at aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 12/30/2002 10:11:19 AM Eastern
> Standard
> > Time, Jag <agrajag at dragaera.net> writes:

> the
> and
> the
> > >
> > > I believe that Piro was Zerika's choice.  She
> grew up with
> > > him and probablly missed him.  She also
> doubtless knew of
> > > Piro's parents, so there is no doubt that Piro
> would be a
> > > good travelling companion, as well as being
> someone that
> > > the remaining Pheonix already trusts.
> >
> > Piro was summoned by Sethra weeks before Zerika
> learned who
> > she really was.
> >

> I just reread part of Khaavren receiving Kytran in
> his home.  Apparently
> I was misremembering some of it.  However, it could
> still be easily said
> that Sethra remembered Khaavren from FHYA, and that
> Tezandra also
> recommended him.  But then Sethra tends to know
> things, and probablly
> knew that Khaavren wasn't up to a journey, but that
> his son might be.
> And she probablly knew that Piro knew Zerika
> anyways.  And that would
> make him a better companion for her.

All right.  Granted that Piro was asked for by Zerika,
this branch of the option tree (I will not honor it
with the apellation "decision", since that perogative
rests with the author) then collapses to "Sethra was
waiting for Zerika to be old enough to take control of
the Orb" rather than "Sethra was waiting for Zerika to
be old enough to go on the Quest for the Holy
Grail...er, Orb" (seeing as how the younger Piro was
allowed to go as well).  Does this make sense?

I still believe, however, that some unrevealed event
prompted Sethra's action, as she appeared to let the
relatively stable situation be before the action of
PotD.

~M

=====
Michelle