Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc. (PotD Spoilers)

FelixEisen at aol.com FelixEisen at aol.com
Tue Dec 31 00:54:16 PST 2002

philiph at SLAC.Stanford.EDU writes:
> 6. Horse racing.  Is Paarfi being nonsensical in the chapter 27 digression
>  about a runner chasing a rider?  There's a book (well worth reading)
>  called Chasing After Antelopes which has interesting things to say about
>  bipedalism and strategies for a band of weaponless hunters to run down an
>  antelope.  Dragaerans are very tall, but also very slender - are they
>  heavier than Easterners?  I had assumed they're heavier and would burden a
>  horse, but then they would also make relatively worse runners.  I recall
>  Khaavren being impressed by Crionofenarr riding a stallion.  Do we have
>  reason to believe gravity on Dragaera is 9.8 m/s/s?  Any ideas?

Hmmm.  Actually, as I recall, a horse really -can- be outrun by an athletic
human; that's one of the neat things about humans, one of the -serious-
advantages 'we' have as a species.  An in-shape human can exhaust any land
animal on earth, presuming we can get it started running in the first place...

Felix, the Unforgiven
Knights Guardian and Marshal
http://www.misguidedgames.com