Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc.

Tue Jan 7 22:16:32 PST 2003

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Mark A Mandel wrote:

> #- Philip, now driving 400 miles to a boring party out of friendship
>
> Ah ha! And this, I say, is not a dishonest deed; nor is it subterfuge,
> or at least it isn't culpable subterfuge, if you say you enjoyed it even
> if you were bored.

I should have noted that I hate travel almost as much as Paarfi hates
describing it.  The party turned out to be a blast, but my car, after
390 miles, decided not to attend, and will now be cut to pieces instead.
Stupid machines - now I finally understand why Dragaerans have not
(despite 200k years of recorded history and near-human intelligence)
developed technology - it's a quality-of-life issue.  (I assume Brust
doesn't plan to pull a Titus Alone on us.)  Anyone selling a cheap
Browncap or even a Megaslep?

- Philip