Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc.

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Sat Jan 11 19:40:34 PST 2003

	[attribution lost; tsk, tsk, Alexx]
#> 1) During Teckla reigns (republics, we're told somewhere) non-sorcerous
#> science would be encouraged.

	[Alexx]
#Why?  I mean, sure they *might*, but have we seen any actual textev for
#this?  They could just as easily decide that "science" is something that
#only pampered aristocrats do, whereas they were just going to make sure
#the harvest season went smoothly.

Or maybe they're all too aware that the Cycle is going to turn. If the
Teckla start introducing changes that threaten to destabilize the Empire
("the way things have always been"), the turn to the Jhegaala may come
sooner rather than later, with other noble houses helping out in order
to preserve their prerogatives and power; and then they might stomp on
those changes, HARD, for the next sixteen Turns.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website