Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc. (small PotD Spoiler)

Tue Jan 14 16:32:33 PST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 04:52:58PM -0500, Alexx S Kay wrote:

> I agree that if rifles were currently available to someone like Vlad, he
> would use them.  But this only means that they aren't currently available,
> not that they never were.

Didn't _Dragon_ show us that (a) Dragaerans use bows and (b) Vlad had never
heard of the concept before?  And we haven't seen him use them since.

> To the left, between Lyorn compulsiveness, and the (as you mention below)
> documented survival of incredibly ancient documents, I'm dubious that any
> technology that existed long enough to be widespread could possibly be lost.
> ["Lost" in terms of "completely forgotten".  I can easily conceive of certain

So firearm texts exist in Lyorn archives in old versions of the language.  Not
"widespread", and not likely to come out in a couple hundred years.

-xx- Damien X-)