Dragaera

other authors? (was Re: POTD question...)

Thu Jan 23 13:37:26 PST 2003

>Niven, particularly the "Known Space" stuff, although his collabarations
>with Jerry Pournelle are excellent too, particularly "Footfall".

It's funny how perspectives vary.  I liked most of Niven, with the exception
of his collaborations (Mote in God's Eye being the only exception).  I can't
stand any of his newer efforts, though.

>Joe Haldeman, particularly Forever War and Forever Peace.

Forever War was, indisputably, a classic, but I think, on the whole, he
makes a better poet than a writer (or course, he is a poet par excellance,
so that's not that much of a slight ;-).