Dragaera

other authors? (was Re: POTD question...)

Thu Jan 23 14:09:45 PST 2003

Zelazny, Pratchett, Robin Hobb\Megan Lindholm, the Thomas the Rhymer
series from Jodie Forrest is great, Gaiman, of course, Glen Cook, Walter
Jon Williams...

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Lias [mailto:anrwlias at hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 3:35 PM
To: lazarus33pjf at cox.net; barr at barrs.org
Cc: zizban at adelphia.net; dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject: Re: other authors? (was Re: POTD question...)

>What authors do Brust fans really like?  I think in the SF/Fantasy
>realm, my favourite (besides Tolkien, of course) would be Stephen R
>Donaldson, who sadly hasn't released anything lately.

In fantasy, no one, not even Brust, can hold a candle to the immortal
Zelazny.  He is sorely missed.

Elsewise, I like, most especially, Vinge, Egan, Asimov, Heinlein, Wolfe,

LeGuinn, Sheldon (aka Tiptree Jr.), Sturgeon, Tanith Lee, Lovecraft, and

Kage Baker -- with many others beside that I don't like *quite* as much.
:-)