Dragaera

Fw: Favorite quote

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Sat Jan 25 10:57:53 PST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Michael Schloss wrote:

# Of the ones I remember, my favorites are:
#
# The "lightbulb" jokes.  They weren't about screwing in lightbulbs in the
# book, but I don't remember what they were about.  The best was:
#
# Q: How many Yendi does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
# A: Three.  One to screw in the lightbulb, and one to confuse the issue.

There are three of them, all in _Yendi_. I have collected them at
http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/jokes.html#lightbulb .
The others are:

How many Easterners does it take to sharpen a sword?
Four: one to hold the sword and three to move the grindstone.
[Yen19] The point: Easterners are stupid.

How many Dzur does it take to sharpen a sword?
Four: one to sharpen the sword and three to put up enough of a fight to
make it worthwhile.
[Yen71] The point: Dzur love to fight.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/