Dragaera

[Slightly OT] Amazon's "Share the Love"

Wed Feb 5 05:40:59 PST 2003

A couple of friends and I use this as a mutual back-scratching tool.
Since we often order similar books, DVDs, and CDs, we send the discount
using share the love, and then everyone else gets a chance at getting it
even cheaper.

You probably made the right choice by not sending a share to love to
people that hadn't invited it, but *I* certainly don't mind getting
those kinds of messages (since I'm inviting it, it's not spam...:).

> You all officially have my permission to use my email
> ( gaertk at aol.com ) for this thingy when ordering new books by
> Brust, as well as new stuff from Terry Pratchett and Jo
> Walton.

For clarity's sake: You're inviting us to put you on our share the love
list when we order Pratchett, Brust, and Jo Walton? :)

>(Right now, those are the only authors I buy in
> hardcover.)

Do you buy paperback from Amazon? :)

Rachel and I haven't been buying the pre "Night Watch" Discworld books
in hardcover. We're cheap. Although we don't pass up a hardcover if it
is comfortably priced (used book sotre and the like).  And now that I
look, apparently all four at the end are hardcover. :)