Dragaera

SPOILER for _Dragon_...what's up with Vlad, again?

Tue Feb 11 08:47:05 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 11:37, Jose Marquez wrote:
> S Lumley / s piotto wrote:

> > > Does Savn count?
> > >

> > Um... I think Savn counts.
> >
> > score one for Jose.
>
> Score one for Jag, you mean. I forgot (how appropriate) Savn, although I
> was thinking more Alzheimer's related mental ailments. I suppose the old
> lady's mention of other cases of brain fever (in Orca) might also count,
> but those don't seem to come naturally. Have we seen a forgetful
> Dragaeran? Daymar doesn't count; he's merely vague...

I believe the scene in _Yendi_ that's already been discussed serves for
that.  Vlad asked Sethra if she remembered the details and she indicated
that it was long enough ago that she shouldn't be expected to remember,
but upon Vlad insiste, she did whatever she did and remembered.

Other examples would be in FHYA and PotD.  I do not remember any exactly
lines or scenes, but I'm almost certain there are conversations between
our heros asking if they remember the past adventures or asking how they
used to sit around the house and converse in PG.  The fact that they
asked if they remembered indicates that Dragaerans, like humans, do not
remember everything.