Dragaera

Smothers Brothers

Wed Feb 12 17:26:21 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 07:06:31PM -0500, Warlord wrote:

> At 19:02 2/12/2003 -0500, Steve Simmons wrote:

> > You're almost certianly thinking of "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In."  It
> > was about the same time, but not nearly as political (although, in it's
> > own way, it got in more than a few jabs).  Ruth Buzzi was indeed on it,
> > and an every-show feature was women dancing in bikinis.

> The bikini dancer was not always the same, but this is where
> Goldie Hawn started. Possibly her first, but I'm not certain of that.

Hawn joined the show shortly after it started.  The original bikini
dancer was Judy Carne.  If memory serves, there were sometimes more
than one person dancing.

You know, I'm almost ashamed that I know that.  Then again, Judy Carne
was one of the great lust objects of my adolescence.

> > Hmm, was that the roots of 'The Man Show'?

> The Man Show is too shallow to have roots.

Zing!  Good one!