Dragaera

Brust, Firefly, and DVDs (was "Re: Firefly")

Laurie Brassard lmbrassard at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 06:41:56 PST 2003

Some fans are trying to get Fox to put Firefly on DVD
and to show the unaired episodes (there are three that
haven't been shown).  There are a few sites, but
www.advmax.com/serenityvalley is a pretty good
overview.

The reason many us like both Firefly (or Mutant
Enemy/Joss in general) and Brust, I think, is that
both put very real, complex people in very unreal
circumstances.  And then have them kill people and
make jokes...  I mean, a fantasy version of Three
Musketeers?  Buffy the Vampire Slayer?  And now,
oddly, I'm seeing the similarities there, too...
Yikes.