Dragaera

SPOILER for _Dragon_...what's up with Vlad, again?

Mon Feb 17 18:21:28 PST 2003

At 05:58 PM 2/17/2003 -0800, Philip Hart wrote:
>I don't in fact use exclamation points.

I do, occasionally.  I'd miss them if they were gone.  But you're right,
they're used way too much.  I had a huge argument with Ace because they
would add exclamation marks to my cover quotes, and that would infuriate me.

>In any case, I've seen too many sentences on the net which couldn't be
>spoken in the tone indicated by the attached emoticon to find them
>tolerable.  Your mileage may vary, to quote the net.

This argument, however, is specious.  Misuse of a tool by some does not
show that the tool is useless.

Although I admit that somtimes it does make one wish that the tool would
get lost in the box.