Dragaera

Literary Disappointments (was: The LKH thing)

Mon Feb 17 21:56:53 PST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:54:57PM -0800, Dennis Higbee wrote:
> Not to mention the fact that people LIKE doorstop fantasy.  Just because
> your taste doesn't match the market doesn't mean that editors aren't doing
> their jobs.

I like it in one very limited case.  When I'm flying.  I read very
quickly (like I'm sure a number of people here do) and when I'm
going to be on an airplane or in an airport for 8-12 hours, I'd rather
have fewer larger books than more small books.

However, I have my limits.  As examples, Donaldson and Jordan are
on the, "I'd rather read Ludlum" side.

-Jot
--
Jot Powers 	<books at bofh.com> 		http://www.bofh.com/books/