Dragaera

Literary Disappointments (was: The LKH thing)

The Hostile Takeover Party ladybirdsleeps at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 22:40:13 PST 2003

>TFP was his first and roughest, and it shows.  Still, there's a
>lot of value there, it's just mixed with the less impressive
>stuff.

I made it about halfway through the first book before giving up. Of course,
I'm not like a lot of the die-hard masochists on this list, since I tend to
put books down as soon as I realize that they're not going to get better
further in. ;)

I put down Terry Goodkind's novels after _Stone of Tears_ even though I was
curious about how he was going to resolve all of those loose ends. Not worth
it. I really liked some of his ideas (like the the Confessors, the Mord
Sith), but the rest of the books ... ugh. No.

-[Snap!] goes the dragon.
"I'm lots smarter than you are. I challenge
you to understand even one of my paragraphs!"

Hela veckans väder  http://www.msn.se/vader