Dragaera

An amusing notion about Vlad & Kiera.

Tue Feb 18 23:38:50 PST 2003

> >The author throws himself at your feet?
>
> You're really getting the hang of "how to be snarky", aren't you? ;-)

Got dumped at least once today, it provokes some bitterness.
Or this list is wearing off on me.  Or I'm jealous.

> >I sure misinterpreted that passage - thought Vlad was embarrassed
> >about his sentimentality/honor.  Are there open instances of Loiosh
> >embarrassing Vlad?
>
> You mean like many -- indeed, most -- of the times that Loiosh says
> something snarky and Vlad says "Shut up, Loiosh?"

He's not embarrassed then, is he?  I thought that was banter.  Or
stress-relieving insults.  I don't recall Loiosh showing Vlad up.
That would actually be interesting - conflict between witch and
familiar - given that they're stuck together.

> I suspect that by referring to catamites a few sentences previous,
> Vlad opened himself up to a whole world of snark from Loiosh.

Just to further expound on my misinterpretation there, I was thinking
that Kiera had made a move on Vlad at some point (in Jhereg we see them
smooch a little I think) and ran into his Eastern morality, hence the
embarrassing reference.

- Philip