Dragaera

Speaking of Vlad and Kiera

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Wed Feb 19 16:17:14 PST 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Dr. Elmo wrote:

>Chris Olson - SunPS wondered aloud to the group:
> >Left in spoiler space, as this one's a biggie....

> >> I have a minor question, and perhaps this is addressed in a FAQ
> >> somewhere that I can't find, but:

> >> This question involves complete spoilage for a revelation in ORCA.

> >5. Other?  - I assumed that Sethra could leave really quickly to go
> >tell Vlad to hurry up and get to Dzur mountain.  Sethra might not be
> >able to "leave" to go off adventuring, break sticks and bring back souls,
> >but could probably make a quick teleport to Adrilankha, pat Vlad on the
> >back, and tell him it's okay to go off to Sethra's Abode.  It would take
> >all of a few minutes, and it helped to reach her goal of getting Vlad to
> >trapse off to the Paths.
>
>How'd she find him?

"I *can* manage elementary divination, thank you very much." (or words
to that affect)

>I am inclined to take "impossible to leave Dzur Mountain right now"
>at its word.

[...]

>  If the blocks won't work (e.g.  because of her oneness with Dzur
>Mountain), then there's no reason why she can't leave indefinitely,
>including to visit Vlad in the first place without the rigmarole.

>I don't see a scenario where she can risk leaving for a few minutes
>but not for a few hours.

Hmm.  An observation: A Great Weapon can sometimes act autonomously
(Blackwand zaps the Jenoine even though Morrolan is dead).

If Sethra left Iceflame in charge of Dzur Mountain's defenses, she
might have been able to leave briefly, unarmed, to meet Vlad.  For
that matter, Iceflame might be able to create the illusion that Sethra
was still present even though she's wasn't.

Or possibly, as suggested, the illusion was that Kiera was at the
bar and drinking brandy.