Dragaera

Dragaera and Shakespeare

Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student) RuhlenR at missouri.edu
Thu Feb 20 20:04:56 PST 2003

We call it the Freaky Chick book. Fanny is definitely one of Austen's
stranger characters ever. Have you seen the more recent movie version? I
like Miss Crawford too.

Charlotte Bronte had that thing in Jane Eyre where they played charades
but it was really elaborate and theatrical, with props & costumes. She
wasn't so negative about it although, like in Mansfield Park, it was
also used as a means for flirtations etc.

Rachel