Dragaera

Speaking of Vlad and Kiera

Fri Feb 21 09:03:32 PST 2003

Steve Simmons wrote:

> My first rule in reading anything Sethra says is 'Sethra lies.'
> Not always, and sometimes by omission or just to simplify a very
> complex situtation -- but you pretty much need to take anything she
> says with a grain of salt.

Well... Sethra may lie by omission from time to time but so far I can't
think of a single time she's lied by commission.  And as Kiera she's
never lied about anything by commission to Vlad.

I think that Sethra is somebody who won't directly lie.  Indirectly is
another story, but directly no.  She considered the secret of her dual
identity to be less important than Vlad's life and less important than
the life of the old lady Vlad was helping out in Orca.  Sure, she has a
very fearsome reputation and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's
been built up in large part so the reputation does the work for her
(and incidentally doesn't reveal that she's actually a pretty nice lady)
 - after all, a legendary general known to be a soft touch could get all
sorts of trouble.

My two cents,
Jacob