Dragaera

comments, question about _Phoenix_

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 25 13:28:04 PST 2003

> During that window visit in _P_, Veera reveals (in a conversation in which
> she is bizarrely deferential to Vlad, or rather he presents her that way)
> that she had expected Kelly to do something else, something which would
> help Dragaerans and Easterners. Any ideas?  Speculation: she thought K
> would go along with conscription so he could argue that since the
> Easterners had helped with the war they should be treated better.  This
> seems to assume too much naivete' on K's part.

Actualy, I think Verra assumed that Kelly would understand
that, if he went against the Empire, he and all his little
Revolution Buddies would be creamed and fed to the wild Orca
as midsummer treats.

But we've seen, through a couple of sources, that Verra does
not know all.  And Kelly's a fanatic, so....

Chris