Dragaera

comments, question about _Phoenix_

Thu Feb 27 11:50:26 PST 2003

On 25 Feb 2003 17:31:17 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 17:23, Mark A Mandel wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Philip Hart wrote:
>>
>> #To those polite souls who have privately informed me how to spell the
>> #Demon Goddess's name, my bad.  I'll stick to tDG in future because I'll
>> #never remember which leterr (hmm, this joke is a total failure) in her
>> #name to double.  Probably I've been misspelling Khaavren wrong too - oops.
>>
>> You've got his name right. The problem with Verra's name is that the
>> pronunciation Steve gave us for it, "veera", is at odds with the
>> spelling. It probably has something to do with different people hearing
>> different things when a god speaks... ;-)
>
>This 'problem' is actually how I remember it.  For quite a while I
>pronounced it along the lines of 'vera' (short 'e'), but then I saw the
>pronunciation guide and was quite shocked.  So now I usually remember
>either the pronunciation or the spelling, and just remember to double
>the other letter to go between the two.

Pronunciation guide?  Was this on the list?  Or am I having a complete
brain lapse and it was in one of the books?

--

lazarus

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American Public."               -- Theodore Roosevelt