Dragaera

Boredom Relief Through Conspiracy....

Tue Mar 4 14:32:57 PST 2003

From: "Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student)" <RuhlenR at missouri.edu>
>Remember in _PG_ where they go after Kathana and Paarfi launches into a
>diatribe about this really rotten play he saw one time where the main
>character NEVER APPEARED ON STAGE but it wasn't going to be like that in
>THIS story? I think Mario is that character.

Um, I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but I do want to make
sure that you are aware of Samuel Beckett's play _Waiting for Godot_?
It's quite well-known.  The two main characters spend the whole play
standing around waiting, and the title character never does appear.
My impression is that Brust was riffing on that.

--
   David Goldfarb       <*>|"The only thing better than messing with somebody's
goldfarb at ocf.berkeley.edu  | sense of reality is messing with a whole LOTTA
goldfarb at csua.berkeley.edu |              -- J. Michael Straczynski