Dragaera

Morganti Weapons (was: Concerning Great Weapons & Baritt)

Mon Mar 10 11:53:22 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:46:02AM -0800, Philip Hart wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Scott Raun wrote:
> > I would use the analogy 'feeding sticks to a wood-chipper'.
> >
> > Or, to use an analogy Vlad would appreciate - 'feeding meat to a
> > sausage machine'.
> >
> > There are lots of machines that you feed - you put something in, you
> > get something out.  Now, what you get OUT of a Morganti weapon is an
> > interesting question...
>
> MWs are magical - they aren't a priori subject to the 2nd law of
> thermodynamics or conservation laws for that matter.  I would
> guess that putting one in your closet for 200k years wouldn't
> affect it.

Well, not any more than putting a meat grinder away (suitably prepped
- with a preservation spell of some kind, maybe?) for 200k years.

I can accept that MW aren't subject to the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Nonetheless, it's amusing to speculate on what the by-products would
be.  I'll bet they're some of the magical pollution that led to the
permanent cloud cover!

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org