Dragaera

terrans

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Tue Mar 11 21:23:10 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Frank Mayhar wrote:

>Chris Turkel wrote:
>> I have read on various web sites that Dragaera was settled by
>> Terrans...what evidence in the book is there? Did I miss it?
>
>Issola.  During Sethra's long-winded explanation requested by Vlad, to his
>great regret. :-)  She says as much, explicitly.

She doesn't say exactly that.  What she says is that Easterners - what
*we* call humans - arrived first (except for the Serioli, who are
native) and were modified by the Jenoine into Dragaerans.  She doesn't
say explicitly "terrans", of course.

This also jibes with the Serioli calling Vlad "of the Old People" or
"People from the small invisible lights".