Dragaera

... (and some stuff on Athyra)

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Fri Mar 21 11:22:05 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Claire Rojstaczer wrote:

#On a more on-topic note, not that we're ever on topic here, I was
#rereading Athyra the other day and noted a passage where Savn asks
#Vlad if Vlad has ever been in the army and Vlad says simply, "No"
#(sorry, no page numbers, don't have the book with me at the moment).
#This, fairly obviously, contradicts Dragon.  Vlad could have been
#lying -- he certainly lies to Savn about enough other stuff -- but
#why lie about that?  What motives does Vlad have for keeping his
#(somewhat less than shining) military career a secret?

Well, he's not exactly lying, imho. He was working with that army, but
not as a regular soldier, and ISTR that he wasn't sworn or anything like
that (I'm AFB).

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website