Dragaera

(OT, metadiscussion) was Re: drink (was Re: Klava Recipies)

Fri Mar 21 16:18:16 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Matthew Hunter wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 02:04:41PM -0800, Philip Hart <philiph at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Matthew Hunter wrote:
> > > Didn't we just go over this?
> > I think you're risking an inquiry after the health of your tapeworm here.
> Not at all.  "We" is the collective list body in this case.

I must have missed the arrival at a consensus because I was busy deleting
Monty Python and beer posts along with a certain amount of flirting.

> As I've noted in the past, a separate list for off-topic
> discussions spawned from the original list manages to obtain the
> best of both worlds.  I'd be glad to set one up if there's
> interest, as I have done so for other similar lists.

This noting must have been before my time - was a consensus reached?
Presumably for no second list and a low signal-to-noise here?  Cranky
because of a hangover, I'm currently tempted to ask for people to put
"not off-topic" in their subject lines so I can filter on that.  At
least I'm using pine and "d" is placed right on the keyboard.