Dragaera

it is time to talk cook book

Wed May 21 09:52:04 PDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Steven Brust wrote:

> At 10:56 PM 5/20/2003 -0500, Mia McDavid wrote:
> >Huh?
> >
> >But, I've *been* to the Bakery, and nobody ever got assassinated there!
>
> Nobody ever got assassinated at Valabar's, either.

And in fact plenty of people got assassinated at the Bakery even if it
wasn't widely advertised.

As far as transformative meals in Chicago go, I'd have to vote for Arun's.
They bring out about a dozen progressively spicier courses - it's like the
proverbial frog being slowly boiled in soup but not noticing.  I still had
that dizzy food high the next afternoon.  Unfortunately one practically
needs to do some work to afford a meal there.