Dragaera

How does someone get a link to the Orb

Fri Jun 20 10:32:06 PDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Alexx S Kay wrote:

> If Adron *was* (however briefly) emperor, that would seem to indicate that
> the Cycle actually went *backwards* during the Disaster, which is quite
> unprecedented.  Of course, so was the entire situation leading up to the
> Disaster, so one could certainly argue the other way.

I've complained about this before, but now it seems to me that the Orb is
be a local agent of the Cycle capable of getting out ahead of the boss.

So in _Taltos_, looking at what I envision as a big pie chart, do Vlad et
al. see the Phoenix slice centered vertically?  Or does the Cycle grind
slowly and exceedingly small, in which case they have some (if nothing
else extremely economically useful) information - when the Dragons will
take power.