Dragaera

How does someone get a link to the Orb

Mon Jun 23 08:41:49 PDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Jag wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 11:07, Philip Hart wrote:
> >  Maybe that's part of
> > the upgrade the Orb got in the Paths - they rewrote the code in klava...
>
> Hm.. so you're suggesting that the slow down in execution time with
> klava gives the sorcerors more time to gather energy and thus can do
> more complicated spells?

Remember, the Orb acts to couple the sorceror's brain to the Great Sea.
Presumably it runs much faster than even a souped-up human brain and so
a slow language allows more precision and hence better spells.  I like to
think that it was possible to teleport before, but you couldn't allow any
memory leaks, and moving 10**30 atoms exposes any missing deletes...