Dragaera

Half-breed citizenship

Sun Jun 29 18:56:03 PDT 2003

Twain is apparently quoting Herodotus though. In the Acknowledgments for _A
Horse's Tale_ - or som I'm told by those knowledgable in such things...

-Dejin-

"It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no-one else will speak."

>From: Philip Hart <philiph at SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
>To: J A 'Dusty' Sayers <dusty at sayersnet.com>
>CC: dragaera at dragaera.info
>Subject: Re: Half-breed citizenship
>Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:45:37 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > 'Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest do not happen at
> > all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.'
> >      -- Herodotus
>
>That's a kick-ass .sig, especially in the context of a discussion of
>Paarfi.  On the other hand, I can't recall reading this in Herodotus, and
>according to the web the proper attribution is, as so often, Mark Twain
>pretending to knowledge that improves on reality.

Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp