Dragaera

Foreheads

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sun Apr 6 13:47:37 PDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Peter H. Granzeau wrote:

>At 23:49 04/05/2003, David Silberstein wrote:
>>
>>One thing I've noticed is that women don't tend to have it, or if they
>>do, they hide it well enough that I can't see it.
>
>Is you watch "Buffy", look at Willow.

(Googles on Allyson Hannigan) Aha!  Indeed she does.  But I note that
many of the pictures have her hair brushed forward to hide it.  It's
not very prominent, either.

>>Anyway, now that I have been enlightened, I found myself wondering
>>if perhaps a sufficiently clever Teckla might move up a social notch
>>by having a hair-styling done to make it look like he had a noble's
>>point, or if perhaps a Teckla who was able to buy into the Jhereg
>>would do so.
>
>No.  They have a round face; nobles have sharp features and a long,
>narrow face.

The *upper* nobility, yes.  But perhaps Jhereg could have round faces,
or Jhegaala or Chreotha or Tsalmoth.

>>Hmm.  Do Easterners who buy in to the Jhereg get their hair styled
>>to make it look like they have a noble's point?  Vlad probably
>>wouldn't, at any rate.
>
>There seem to be virtually no Easterners in the Jhereg (except for
>Vlad and Cawti, and I have never really figured out why she was
>there).

Not that Vlad has met, but Adrilankha is a big city.  And not every
Jhereg is part of the Organization, which is what Vlad mostly has
interaction with.