Dragaera

No Women, No Kids (mild Phoenix spoilers)

Fri Apr 25 13:22:51 PDT 2003

> other Jhereg might. Although I wonder... in Phoenix, why don't the
> Jhereg just take her out, rather than the big elaborate frame-up? I
> suppose that a hitman code proscribing against killing women would
make
> it so that they don't go after her directly. I think the fact that
she's
> an Easterner as well as a Jhereg complicates things in terms of the
> hitman code...

Killing her would have made her a martyr for Kelly's cause.  Alive and
imprisoned, she's an object lesson for the masses not to fight the order
of things.  I doubt they avoided killing her out of concern of violating
some sort of code.